Duck foie gras with grapes
Taken from the book La Cuisine à l'Armagnac – Florence and Jean Castarède – Editions Sud Ouest
Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes for the grapes, 4 minutes for the foie gras
Ingredients for 4 people :
- 1 kg of fresh, raw duck foie gras
- 1 kg of white grapes (dessert grapes like Chasselas with a thin skin and small pips)
- 10 cl armagnac (+ a few drops)
- red fruit syrup
- salt, pepper
1. Pour the armagnac and the red fruit syrup in a pan and dilute with a little water. Macerate the grapes for about 15 minutes over a low heat. This will mean that they keep their shape. Keep an eye on the simmering and the state of the grapes.
2. In a preheated pan, cook the slices of foie gras for 2 minutes on each side. They must keep their shape. Season. Pour off the excess of fat and add to the pan with the raisins for one more minute. Drain.
3. Pour a few drops of armagnac over the foie gras. Serve with toast and surrounded by the grapes.